1. PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT NATIVE SON COLLECTS In conducting every aspect of our business, we may collect personal information. Such information may include, without limitation: your name, home and mailing addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, age, gender, sexual orientation, race, billing information, and other types of personal information that you choose to provide to us or that we may obtain about you. We collect personal information, as well as non-personal information, in multiple ways:
1.1 Information You Provide to Us: We collect personal information you provide to us. This may include, for example, when you use our Services, make a donation to Native Son, apply for or accept employment with us, donate to us, use any of the interactive portions of our website, communicate with us, sign-up for our newsletter, register for our events, or purchase products from our store.
1.2 Information We Collect from Other Sources: We may collect information about you from a variety of third-parties. For example, we may obtain information about you from companies that process donations such as Bloomerang and Givebutter, social media networks when you grant permission to access your data on one or more networks, tag us in a post, or comment on our posts, videos or photographs, partner organizations with whom we co-sponsor or host programs or events; and publicly-available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we hold.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION We may use your Personal Information and other information to:
- provide you with Services;
- allow creation of an on-line account;
- process transactions that you have requested;
- process donations and payments;
- verify your identity;
- determine your eligibility to participate in our programs or events;
- carry out the purposes for which you provided the information;
- process any applications, forms, requests, inquiries, or other information you submit;
- report to our partner organizations;
- provide customer service;
- personalize the Services according to your personal preferences;
- update account information;
- communicate with you;
- inform you of events, programs, products or services that may be of interest to you;
- process and provide a receipt for your donation;
- provide products you have purchased or requested;
- conduct data analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention;
- enhance, improve or modify our Services;
- conduct marketing and advertising of our Services and organization;
- identify usage trends;
- determine the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- operate and expand our business activities and Services.
We may also use Personal information we have collected and aggregated, or anonymized Personal Information received from third-parties, to understand more about our users (for example, we may use aggregated information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code). This includes demographic data, inferred commercial interests, and other information we may collect from you or from third-parties.
3. HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
4. PURCHASES FROM OUR STORE
5. MAKING A DONATION
6. LINKING TO OTHER SITES
7. THIRD-PARTY APPLICATIONS
9. “DO NOT TRACK” DISCLOSURE
We do not collect or respond to Do Not Track signals and our websites do not function differently based on any Do Not Track preferences that may be received. For more information on Do Not Track signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/
10. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store your information using reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards. Please be aware that the Services and data storage are run on software, hardware and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, require maintenance or experience problems or breaches of security beyond our control. In addition, no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third-parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet.
The Website is not designed to solicit information from individuals under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have collected or stored personal information from an individual under age 16, we will remove his or her personal information from our files. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
12. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by contacting us by email at email@example.com or by following the instructions in any such email you receive from us. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
13. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
The Services are hosted in the United States and are governed by United States law. If you are using the Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers and databases are located. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using the Services, you consent to your information being transferred to our facilities and to the facilities of those third-parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Our Services are not intended for use by citizens or residents of the European Union and EU residents and citizens are not authorized to use them.
15. UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In certain circumstances, you may be able to review and request changes to your personal information on the website or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
17. CONTACT US
Last Updated: November 10, 2020